Having a white, straight smile is important to many people in today’s world. Having less-than-perfect teeth can be damaging to both one’s business and social life, so more and more people are making it a priority to see a cosmetic dentist. Cosmetic dentistry provides a solution for those with broken, stained or missing teeth, and there are many procedures that result in a beautiful smile-no matter the problem-most of which are permanent and affordable.
Here are the top five reasons that most people visit a cosmetic dentist:
1. Tooth Whitening– Whitening is one of the most popular reasons that people visit a cosmetic dentist. The procedures range from one-hour sessions to several visits over a few days and there are even take-home systems that maintain the lighter shade achieved by the whitening. Some people’s teeth are only slightly yellow, while others have some serious stains from years of smoking, drinking coffee, tea, red wine and other things, so the amount of whitening that is necessary will depend on the specific condition of the teeth.
2. Envisaging- These are virtually invisible braces that gradually straighten the teeth and resemble clear, form-fitting mouth guards that are changed every two weeks as the teeth realign. This type of brace is perfect for adults who need to have their teeth straightened, but do not want the overt appearance of metal or plastic braces.
3. Dental Implants- These are metal roots that are implanted into the jaw bone where, gradually, the bone and gum will grow over them, and a crown tooth can be fixed to them. Implants function like natural teeth and are a permanent solution for missing ones, as they will not shift in the jaw and work much better than bridges. The procedure can be done on one tooth or multiple teeth and, in some cases, can be used in place of dentures.
4. Dental Veneers– Veneers are another way of changing the color, size or shape of teeth. They are custom-formed, extremely thin porcelain shells that fit over existing teeth, giving them a natural luminescence and perfect shape. This non-invasive procedure is a solution for several problems including misaligned, discolored, chipped or stained teeth.
5. Consultations- People can visit a cosmetic dentist before they make any decision about undergoing a procedure. Cosmetic dentists will usually have visual representations of how patients will look after a procedure, and can talk to them about the specifics of each treatment to see which one they feel comfortable with or feel is necessary.
High-quality cosmetic dental procedures promote oral hygiene, as well as a better appearance. Professionals who are trained in cosmetic dentistry can perform all of the necessary procedures to ensure individuals look as natural as possible and have the smiles that they have been hoping for.
Call us today, and one of our friendly patient coordinators will answer all your questions, give you an accurate quote, schedule your appointment, and help you make all the arrangements needed for your visit. Tijuana Dental Studio is your best option for all your dental needs.