The presence of oral cavities is a condition caused by an improper brushing technique, lack of oral hygiene and lack of dental floss use.
It is notable by the tooth tissue destruction caused by demineralization due to bacterial plaque acid generation. Acid is produced on your teeth by bacteria exposed to meals residue.
Resin filling is one of the most common treatments for oral cavities.
Resin fillings are a color match to your natural teeth and provide good durability and fracture resistance in small and big teeth cavities. Resin fillings can be used on frontal/anterior pieces and molars.
Fillings an excellent option for patients who favor a more natural appearance.
When is necessary to place a filling?
- In the presence of cavities
- On tooth fracture
- For cosmetic purposes when replacing a dental amalgam for a resin filling
Advantages of the resin filling over a dental amalgam
- Absence of mercury, metal alloys and toxic substances to the body
- Aesthetic and natural appearance
- Resin filling have a higher cost compared to dental amalgam (which is the only disadvantage) but still affordable and beneficial as was previously explained.